Table Of Contents:
- Medifast Coupons, Codes & Discounts for 2014
- What is the Medifast Diet and How Does it Work?
- Who Would Benefit from the Medifast Diet?
- What Are the Advantages of Getting on a Medifast Plan?
- What Are the Disadvantages of Eating the Medifast Plan?
- How Does Medifast Compare to Other Diets?
Medifast Coupons, Codes & Discounts for 2014
Medifast is becoming one of the most popular weight loss programs due to its success and proven results. Many people have made a New Year's Resolution to lose fat and life a healthier lifestyle. Would you like to save money today?
Medifast has decided to help you follow through with this resolution by offering a great promotion to jumpstart your diet. This promotion offers:
- $133 off Advantage Program + Free Shipping - New customers will receive 28 free meals with each of their first two orders! Do not forget about the free shipping they throw in there as an added bonus!
There are a few coupons that are due to expire. Take note of these promotions because Medifast is most likely going to run them again in the near future.
- 28 Free Meals with a $250 + Order - Save $$$. This ends March 31st. Use Coupon Code TV28FREE.
- Free Shipping on $150 + Orders - Save $$$. This ends March 31st. Use Coupon Code NICESAVE14.
- 30% off the "Game Day Bundle" - Save $$$. This is an Internet Coupon. This ends March 31st.
What is the Medifast Diet and How Does it Work?
Medifast is a clinically proven program that allows people to lose fat at a faster rate than normal diet plans. It has proven to be more effective than traditional dieting programs.
Medifast uses nutritionally balanced low-fat meals that are already portioned for effectiveness. Each meal comes in an individual packet that you can refrigerate or microwave after you have mixed it with water. Some of the foods that are offered are:
- Fruit Drinks
- Cheese Puffs
- Pretzel Sticks
These are available in a wide variety and are very easy to prepare. Many wonder how Medifast actually works. This clinically proven weight loss program is based on a structured meal plan that is nutritionally designed to allow successful weight loss.
Its precise combination of protein and carbohydrates help to minimize the loss of muscle. The Medifast 5 & 1 Plan is the standard plan that allows you to properly cut your calorie intake and allow your body to burn off fat for the energy it needs.
Who Would Benefit from the Medifast Diet?
The Medifast Diet is clinically proven to create weight loss more rapidly and effectively than any other weight loss program. There are several different types of people who would benefit from the Medifast Diet Plan. These types of people include:
- Diabetics - The Medifast Meal Replacement Plan is proven to be very effective for diabetics. This weight loss program offers high-protein, low-calorie meals that are also low in carbohydrates.
- Heavier Individuals - This is a great weight loss program for those who need to lose a significant amount of weight. Medifast tends to show results very quickly with weight loss that can range anywhere from 2 to 5 pounds per week.
- Those with Slow Metabolism - As we get older, our metabolism tends to slow down. Medifast is a great way to lose a few pounds and maintain your weight. It is best to watch your weight before it gets ahead of you.
Whether you are diabetic, have to lose weight, or want to maintain your weight as your metabolism slows, the Medifast Diet is a good fat burner for you.
What are the Advantages of Getting on a Medifast Plan?
There are many advantages of getting on a Medifast Plan. This diet often results in rapid weight loss due to the highly restricted calorie intake. In addition to rapid weight loss, other benefits include:
- Motivation - The results of rapid weight loss usually motivate an individual on this diet plan to stick to their regimen.
- Structure - Many dieters need structure to successfully lose weight. The Medifast Weight Loss Program provides the structure that is needed for these individuals.
- Food Choice - The Medifast Diet Plan offers a limited amount of food choices to reduce the hassle of food preparation or having to decide what to eat.
- Water Intake - The Medifast Diet Plan encourages all dieters to drink eight glasses of water each day. This is an extremely important part of weight loss and overall health.
- Eating Times - This plan allows dieters to eat smaller meals every 2 to 3 hours. This offer helps your blood sugar levels remain balanced.
- Support - Everyone enrolled in the Medifast Weight Loss Program is offered online support. Dieters are also invited to any of their Medifast Clinics to obtain in-person support.
When a dieter enters the maintenance phase of the Medifast Diet Plan, they are reintroduced to healthier choices of regular foods. These advantages provide great incentives to eating the Medifast food.
What are the Disadvantages of Eating with the Medifast Plan?
There are many advantages to eating with the Medifast Plan; however there are several disadvantages as well.
- Food Choice - Dieters are able to choose meal replacement choices such as oatmeal, soups, shakes, pudding, and bars. The limited amount of food choices can cause a dieter to become bored of these options and cause the diet to become monotonous.
- Not Family-Friendly - The Medifast Diet Plan is meant for individuals and is not very family-friendly. For those with children and other members of their family, they will still have to prepare meals for them to enjoy.
- Side Effects - The Medifast Plan is both low calorie and low carb. This can cause dieters to experience dizziness and fatigue.
- Supplements - This weight loss program makes it very difficult for a dieter to obtain all of the proper nutrients that the body needs. A vitamin supplement is usually required.
- Expense - The Medifast Diet is very expensive. It will cost an individual around $300 every four weeks.
There are many advantages and disadvantages to the Medifast Diet Plan. It is best to speak to a physician to see if it is the best choice for you.
How Does Medifast Compare to Other Diets?
The Medifast Weight Loss Program is sweeping the nation and is often compared to other diets. Many wonder what diet works the best to provide the greatest results. It is often compared with other diets such as:
- Weight Watchers
Many dieters believe that the Medifast Diet Plan is the quickest way to see the best results. It is nutritionally sound and does not require keeping track of carbs or points. On the other hand, it may be a hard diet to stick with as it is a powdered just-add-water food.
As with many other diets, the Medifast Diet Plan is safe, effective, and easy to follow. It is also great for controlling diabetes.
Medifast vs Nutrisystem
Medifast and Nutrisystem are currently the two most popular weight loss programs across the nation. They offer an equal amount of success stories and provide many similarities.
Nutrisystem is a weight loss program that provides individuals with pre-packaged meals such as pizza and pasta. When you combine these types of foods with vegetables and fruits from your local market, it will allow you to reduce your calorie intake and strengthen your portion control.
Medifast is a weight loss program that provides individuals with pre-packaged replacement meals. They allow you to eat five of these and one "Lean and Green" meal each day. Some similarities Medifast has to Nutrisystem include:
- Meal Frequency - Both plans allow you to eat 6 smaller meals each day. This helps to fight cravings and consistently maintain the feeling of being full.
- Pre-Packaged Meals - Both plans offer pre-packaged meal plans that do not require preparation. However, you must buy them from their respective company.
- Program Cost - Medifast and Nutrisystem are similar in price as they both cost around $300 every four weeks.
- Coupons - Both diet plans continuously offer online coupons and promotions.
The biggest difference between Medifast and Nutrisystem is their meals. Medifast offers very few meal choices while Nutrisystem offers a wide variety of meals to choose from.
More Specific Nutrisystem Comparison
Lose 2-5 lbs for the first 2 weeks, then 1-2 lbs per week thereafter
At least 1-2 lbs per week
1-2 lbs per week
1-2 lbs per week
3 options for weight loss: Online, Visit a Center, or a free Health Coach
1 option: Online only
Medifast is the brand recommended by 20,000 doctors since 1980 and real people
Celebrity endorsements and real people
Medifast food was developed by doctors, and our low-calorie meals are fortified with around 24 vitamins and minerals, and packed with protein and fiber to keep you feeling full.
Do you have to buy additional food?
One Meal a Day—either eat out, or make it with the family
Eat your own food as supplements to
Diabetics, Vegetarians, and those with Gout
Diabetics, Vegetarians, and those with Gout
Ease of Program
You'll eat any 5 Medifast Meals and one meal on your own a day. Either do it yourself online, or make use of a Center or free Health Coach.
Rigid meal plan structure. Must order either Women's or Men's plans, so husband and wife can't share.
Medifast vs Optifast
The Optifast Weight Loss Program combines meal replacement with education about lifestyle. It is a very low-calorie diet that promotes weight loss and intensive exercise. Some similarities and differences among Medifast and Optifast include:
- Diet Goals - Both programs promote weight loss.
- Diet Phases - Both weight loss programs have several phases that a dieter goes through to achieve maximum results.
- Diet Type - Medifast is a high protein, low-carb diet while Optifast is a very low-calorie diet.
- Diet Method - Medifast does not require intensive exercise or calorie counting like Optifast does.
- Diet Platform - Medifast and Optifast can be ordered online. Unlike Optifast, Medifast has physical centers for dieters to go to.
There are many differences between Medifast and Optifast. It is best to speak to your doctor when deciding which weight loss program is right for you.